Paralegal de patrimonio
Location: Lewes, DE Office
Resumen del puesto:
The Paralegal will assist attorney(s) in the probate of estates and administration of trusts and will prepare documents to be reviewed by the attorney and filed with the Register of Wills and the Court of Chancery in various jurisdictions. Works with personal representatives in meeting their duties in administering the assets and accounting for such administration and eventual distribution of assets. The Paralegal will move the estate process forward and follow up with the client or financial institutions to gather documents needed to administer the estate or trust.
May assist in the supervision of Law Clerks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Se reúne con abogados, clientes y otros profesionales para tratar los casos o proyectos asignados.
- Drafts legal documents including routine petitions to open estates, inventories and accountings, and related documents to administer estates, and apply for a tax identification number.
- Remains up to date on rules, procedures, and local practice of the Register of Wills.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves information gathered to administer the assets.
- Familiar with legal document management systems.
- Assists attorneys with administration of estates and trusts.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on a specific case.
- Realiza otras tareas afines que se le asignen.
Required skills and abilities:
- Excelentes dotes de comunicación verbal y escrita.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Self-starter that works well in a small group or independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education, experience, and physical requirements:
- Se requiere un título de grado medio en estudios paralegales o en un campo relacionado; se prefiere un título de grado en estudios paralegales o en un campo relacionado.
- Se prefiere cierta experiencia relacionada.
- Se prefiere un programa de asistente jurídico aprobado por la ABA.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Lifting of up to fifteen pounds at times.