What We Do For You
Truth, Transparency, and Accountability. These principles guide our law firm and are the touchstones of the mass tort and class action practice at Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico.
Services We Provide
Mass tort and class action cases arise when a group of people is harmed or injured because a company chooses to maximize profits without concern for safety.
These cases typically involve litigating claims on behalf of a group of people arising out of a single act or multiple events occurring over time.
A benefit to handling cases on behalf of a group of people is the ability to build leverage and efficiently prosecute the case. Quite simply, there is strength in numbers.
Why Hire Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico
One person can make a difference. One lone voice is powerful.
These cases always start with one person having the courage to come forward. However, we also understand how effective it is to have a single story told by many voices.
At Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico, we listen, guide, and lead our clients through these cases never losing sight of the benefit we were hired to achieve. Our track record speaks for itself:
- $140 million remediation recovery in a groundwater contamination case
- $123 million settlement in a class action case involving pediatric sex abuse
- $65 million recovery for property damages and personal injuries in air pollution and groundwater contamination case
Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico is currently litigating cases:
- On behalf of more than 50 public school districts and private schools seeking to hold JUUL accountable for the vaping epidemic affecting school systems across the country.
- Seeking to stop the New Indy Containerboard plant from polluting the surrounding environment with noxious, toxic emissions.
- Representing governments across the United States seeking to hold the opioid industry accountable.
We are currently investigating the following cases:
- Groundwater contamination cases against a variety of poultry processing plants
- The manufacturer of fire-fighting foam, AFFF
- The manufacturer of a solution called methylene glycol, used in hair straightening treatments
If you or someone you know has been injured by environmental pollution or contamination, a medical device, a defective drug, or any of the products identified above, please call Baird Mandalas Brockstedt & Federico. Our experienced team of lawyers can help you.