Catherine is an experienced and accomplished litigator with a passion for helping others. Catherine is part of the firm’s Mass Tort & Environmental Litigation team and has assisted clients in class action litigation in obtaining favorable results to improve environmental conditions and health hazards in their communities as well as substantial compensation. Most recently, Catherine was part of the team that obtained a $65 Million class action settlement in Millsboro, Delaware for property damages and personal injuries related to air and groundwater contamination claims.
When Catherine is not working cases with the Mass Tort & Environmental Litigation Team, Catherine practices civil litigation representing her clients in a variety of civil matters including personal injury, premises liability, property damage, medical negligence, nursing home abuse & neglect, business contract disputes, employment law and commercial litigation matters. Catherine also practices Trusts & Estate litigation before the Court of Chancery. She has been lead counsel in over 150 cases, and handled cases at all stages of litigation, from inception to resolution through settlement, arbitration, or at trial. Catherine has been first chair in multiple jury trials, and in trial before the Court of Chancery. Catherine has a passion for survivor’s advocacy and assisting individuals who are survivors of childhood or sexual abuse.
Catherine attended Fordham University and received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in English and Communications in 2009. She studied law at Temple University Beasley School of Law where she obtained her J.D., cum laude, and a certificate in Trial Advocacy & Litigation in May 2013. While in law school, Catherine interned with the Honorable Anne E. Lazarus of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania and subsequently served as a law clerk to the Honorable L. Philippe Restrepo, in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, through the Federal Judicial Clerkship Honors Clinical program. Catherine also served as a certified legal intern in the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, assisting crime victims in seeking justice. Catherine has focused her education and career on honing her skills as an advocate so that she can better serve her clients’ needs. She was a member of the Temple National Trial Team where she won the championship at the National Civil Rights Trial Tournament in 2012, won the Best Advocate Award at the American Association of Justice Trial Tournament in 2013, and was a finalist in the Fordham Law School Kelly Competition in 2011. Catherine also won the Barrister’s Award for the best advocate in Trial Advocacy I, Trial Advocacy II and Advanced Trial Advocacy. Upon graduation, Catherine received the Jerome M. Staller “Excellence in Litigation Award” presented to the school’s most promising civil litigator. Catherine has taken that training to the courtroom and obtained favorable results for her clients in front of a jury at trial.
She was asked to return to Temple as an adjunct professor at Temple University Beasley School of Law in the Advanced Trial Advocacy Program, coaching Temple Law School’s National Trial Team in 2014 at the National Civil Rights Trial Tournament, and most recently coached the team in the Capitol City Challenge in Washington D.C in 2018 where the team advanced to the semi-final round and took home the Professionalism Award. She served as a volunteer mock trial coach for Girard College from 2011-2017, and served as a volunteer mock trial coach for A.I. duPont High School in Wilmington, Delaware from 2018-2020.
- SUPER LAWYERS RISING STARS, 2022
- TOP LAWYER IN DELAWARE TODAY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, 2021
- NATIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS TRIAL TOURNAMENT WINNER, 2012
- BEST ADVOCATE AWARD AT THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF JUSTICE TRIAL TOURNAMENT, 2013
- BARRISTER’S AWARD FOR BEST ADVOCATE IN TRIAL ADVOCACY I & II AND ADVANCED TRIAL ADVOCACY
- JEROME M. STALLER “EXCELLENCE IN LITIGATION AWARD”
- AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
- DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
- HEALTH LAW SECTION
- LITIGATION SECTION
- TORTS SECTION, VICE-CHAIR 2017-2018 AND CO-CHAIR, 2018-2019
- WOMEN AND THE LAW SECTION (LEGISLATION AND ADVOCACY COMMITTEE), 2019-PRESENT
- YOUNG ATTORNEYS SECTION
- DELAWARE YOUNG LAWYERS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD COMMITTEE, 2018-PRESENT
- PROFUNDO BONO
- THE RICHARD S. RODNEY AMERICAN INN OF COURTS
- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF JUSTICE
- DELAWARE TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- DELAWARE STATE BAR
- UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE
- NEW JERSEY STATE BAR
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE BAR
- SPEAKER AND PRESENTER, DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION PERSONAL INJURY ARBITRATION TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION, MAY 2022
- SPEAKER, DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION FUNDAMENTALS OF CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS, MARCH 2020
- SPEAKER, DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION TORT’S SECTION DEPOSITION TRICKS AND TREATS, OCTOBER 2019
- MODERATOR AND SPEAKER, WOMEN AND THE LAW RETREAT PANEL, MARCH 2019
- MODERATOR AND SPEAKER, DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION PREPARING AND GIVING OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS AT TRIAL, MARCH 2018
- CERTIFIED PERSON INJURY ARBITRATOR -DELAWARE STATE BAR ASSOCIATION, 2022
- CERTIFICATE IN TRIAL ADVOCACY & LITIGATION -TEMPLE UNIVERSITY BEASLEY SCHOOL OF LAW, 2013